26 July 2009

Dolphins.....I think?


Dolphins @ SGI

First off, they are dolphins and not sharks. Saint George Island has a large number of dolphins that swim up and down the sandbar.  The one thing I always try to get are pictures of the dolphins at the beach.  Every time I set up the perfect picture something happens.  History has repeated itself once again, so I was only able to get one shot of the dolphins.  I would have had some better pictures, but the battery died as soon as the dolphins showed up.  Lesson learned - I need another battery. 

In this picture, you can see two adults and one little fin.  They were actually pretty close.  Perhaps next time I will be able to get that perfect picture.

On this particular trip, we saw many pods of dolphins and a sea turtle on her way to lay her eggs on the island.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.